What are the Benefits to a GSA Schedule Contract?
- Opens the doors to the federal market
- Is a license to hunt with the federal government
- Offers contract stability – 5 year contract with 3 five year options to extend – 20 year contract with the entire federal government – nationwide
- Enables your company to be a pre-approved vendor
- Gives prioritization over competitors
- Is the preferred contract vehicle for many agencies
Government agencies use GSA schedules to receive direct delivery, shorter lead times, lower administrative costs, expert knowledge, money-saving options (most-favored customer prices, volume pricing, spot discounts and price reductions), and to fulfill set-aside mandates. Many agencies are required to set aside a portion of their budgets to buy from small or socio-economic disadvantaged companies (among other categories). SourceTech can help to make sure that your business is categorized correctly in order to receive the benefits that the government has set aside for you.
The federal government sets aside billions of dollars in their budget for procurement of items through GSA Schedules. Below is a list of Schedules along with the amount spent on that particular schedule by the federal government in total for the 2014 Fiscal Year. Becoming a GSA contractor gives you access to a piece of this billion dollar pie!